Service League members: Vidant Home Health and Hospice needs the help of seamstress at their memory bear workshop. (You do not have to be a trained hospice volunteer.)
Memory bears are a way to bring comfort and peace to grieving families. Help grieving families create a keepsake of their loved one. Using fabric from a favorite garment of a beloved who has passed away, a memory bear will be stitched together during the workshop and offered to the participating family as a keepsake.
When to volunteer:
- Workshop — Saturday May 12, 2018
- 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Volunteers can participate from 1 to 6 hours
- Lunch is provided
- *Registration is required — Please contact Martha Bloss, Service League Hospice Chair, or Angelina Brittle at Vidant Home Health and Hospice (252-847-1236)*
Where to go:
- Vidant Wellness Center, 910 Wellness Drive, Greenville, NC
How to participate:
- Assist participating family members to trim, pin, stuff, and sew bears.
- Patterns and supplies provided.
- Service League members earn hour for hour of service participation.
What you need to bring:
- Sewing ability
- Portable sewing machine (optional)
* Don’t forget to register with Martha Bloss or Angelina Brittle!*