The Service League seal was designed by a charter member, Miss Jesse R. Moye, and presented at the first meeting of the League in October 1939.
The seal has at its center an emblem of a woman’s hand holding high a lighted torch.
With rays of light radiate into all points of a compass, it is a torch to light the way of service. With a compass in the form of a star, it is a star of hope and faith — signifying the work of the Service League, which is broad in scope, its interest leading into many directions
The torch is symbolic of life, love, and divinity. May those who use this seal forever hold high this torch of service. May they carry it proudly as a tribute of love for their fellowmen and as a tribute of faith in an Almighty God in whose name they serve.
THE SERVICE LEAGUE OF GREENVILLE INC is a non-profit service organization of 170 women who donate willingly of their time and talents for the benefit of their community — the city of Greenville, Pitt County, and eastern North Carolina.
With members providing over 17,000 volunteer hours each year we strive to bring hope and comfort through our service work with Vidant Medical Center, the Red Cross bloodmobile, the Ronald McDonald House, Children’s Miracle Network, McConnell-Raab Hope Lodge, Service League of Greenville Inpatient Hospice.
Since our founding in 1938, our members have generated and provided over $9 million in funding for equipment and capital building projects to Vidant Medical Center (former Pitt General and Pitt County Memorial Hospital) through the operation and management and/or leasing of the hospital’s Greenville gift shops, snack carts, coffee shop, kiosks and vending machines.
Mrs. Wyatt Brown, one of the 1938 founders of The Service League of Greenville.